Outline of Our New Technique
- Pointing the cameras towards the calibration apparatus:
- Match the points of reference
- Pointing the cameras towards the environment:
This gives a set of matched points from the perceived environment.
- extraction of high curvature points in both images
- robust matching
- Estimating the epipolar geometry
- by using the two sets of matches
(reference + environment)
- Reconstructing in a projective basis the points of reference
- Estimating the projective distortion
- This allows us to go back to the Euclidean space. It is possible because the 3D Euclidean coordinates of the reference points are known.
This yields a metric/strong calibration of the stereo.
Author: Zhengyou Zhang
Last modified: Wed Oct 23 13:46:39 MET DST