TIFF CHANGE INFORMATION
This document describes the changes made to the software between the
previous and current versions (see above).
If you don't find something listed here, then it was not done in this
timeframe, or it was not considered important enough to be mentioned.
The following information is located here:
CHANGES IN THE SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION:
- configure now recognizes IRIX 6.x systems
- configure now uses ENVOPTS when searching for an ANSI
C compiler; this fixes a problem configuring the software under
HP/UX with the native C compiler
- configure now correctly recognizes memory-mapped files are supported
CHANGES IN LIBTIFF:
- make install now properly installs the include files
- some portability fixes from Bjorn Brox
- the G3/G4 codec now warns about decoded rows that are longer than
the image/tile width
- changes from Frank Cringle to make the library work with the
gcc-specific bounds checking software
- miscellaneous fixes to TIFFPrintDirectory
- bug fix to correct a problem where TIFFWriteRawStrip
could not be used to automatically grow an image's length
CHANGES IN THE TOOLS:
TIFF home page.
- fixes from Frank Cringle to update fax2tiff
- portability fixes to tiff2bw and tiffcmp
- tiffdump now uses the byte swapping routines in the library
Sam Leffler / firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated $Date: 1997/04/04 21:09:46 $.