TIFF CHANGE INFORMATION
This document describes the changes made to the software between the
previous and current versions (see above).
If you don't find something listed here, then it was not done in this
timeframe, or it was not considered important enough to be mentioned.
The following information is located here:
CHANGES IN THE SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION:
- configure now captures significantly more information
in the config.log file and provides more information when
it is unable to setup a configuration
- support was added for building shared libraries on more systems:
AIX, HPUX, Solaris, and Linux.
- a new configuration parameter LIBCOPTS was added for
passing arguments to the C compiler to use when building only
the library; this is part of the enhanced support for building
- include files for optional packages that reside in /usr/include
are now handled correctly
- build trees may now be configured using either relative or absolute
pathnames to the source distribution
- several new configuration parameters were added, mainly for building
shared libraries: DIST_MAJOR, DIST_MINOR,
DIST_ALPHA, and DSOSUF_VERSION
CHANGES IN LIBTIFF:
- the Deflate support has been revised: it requires version 0.99 of
the zlib software distribution, the output format has changed and
is incompatible with previous versions of this library (each
strip now includes a header read and written by the zlib library)
- the codec name printed by the TIFFPrintDirectory routine is now
taken from the codec table instead of from a builtin table; this means
that application-defined codecs are handled correctly
- a new symbol was added that contains the library version number;
this can be used to do a compile-time compatibility check of the
CHANGES IN THE MANUAL PAGES:
TIFF home page.
- the creation and installation of manual pages was redone; it now
implements the documented ``configuration scheme''
Sam Leffler / email@example.com
Last updated $Date: 1997/04/04 21:09:46 $.